Newtown Town Orthodontics offers several types of braces for you to choose from. Sometimes this choice is an economic one and sometimes it is based more on lifestyle. A choice that is growing in popularity is Invisalign®. Here are of some of the advantages of Invisalign® over metal braces.
- Invisalign® aligners are clear so it will be hard to tell if you even have them on.
- Metal braces can cause painful sores on the insides of your mouth.
- With Invisalign® the inside of your cheek and tongue will be pain-free.
- With braces, getting your teeth clean, truly clean, can be a big challenge, but not so with Invisalign®.
- With metal braces you may need floss threaders, different sized toothbrushes and a Waterpik, but not so with Invisalign®.
- With Invisalign® you simply remove your aligners and floss and brush your teeth.
- You can have your teeth cleaned by a dentist with ease.
- Maintaining clean teeth over the course of your straightening lessens the chances of you having cavities and that’s always a good thing.
- Because Invisalign can be removed, activities such as playing mouth based musical instruments or playing sports that involve a risk to your mouth don’t have to be avoided.
- Photos can be taken without metal braces appearing. This can be important to people who are, say, getting married or having professional portraits done.
- Metal braces make you limit what you can eat but Invisalign does not.
- You simply remove Invisalign aligners to eat, brush and replace them.
Call Newton Centre Family Orthodontic at 617.600.6413 or 978.218.2580 for all other orthodontic needs.
Newtown Town Orthodontics offers several types of braces for you to choose from.